Sunday 13 July 2014

Hockey

My brother plays a lot of hockey and is in a few different teams, so for his birthday it had to be a hockey card. I discovered tagxedo and had great fun creating the personalised background (word cloud) out of all the words I inputted. Its easy to personalise and the added bonus is that its free! I found a picture of his kit and a great digi from Kenny K. I tried my best to copy his kit and converted the blades on the image in to wheels as he plays roller hockey. I distressed the edges of the word cloud and sentiment with Tim Holtz Faded Jeans. I'm very happy with it and I hope he is too!



Paper - My stash, free paper from Far Far Hill and personalised word cloud from Tagxedo
Sentiment - Craftwork cards
Image - Hockey by Kenny K and coloured with Pro Markers

I'm entering my card in the following challenges:
The Cheerful Stamp Pad - #90 Use a digital background
The Crafty Bloggers Network - Red, White & Blue
Crafts 4 Eternity - #184 Sport
Digitally Sweet - Boys at play
Jellypark Challenges - Red, White & Blue
SweetPea Stampers - For the boys/men
Digistamps 4 Joy - #96 For the boys
Loves Rubber Stamping - Red, White & Blue
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Birthday
Creative Card Crew - Masculine

18 comments:

  1. OMG this is awesome and he's going to LOVE it! Great background ... will have to checkout that site, thanks for the link! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘BIRTHDAY’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your word cloud, your digi is coloured beautifully. Great card.

    Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab and fantastic card.
    Thanks for join us at
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

    Karin


    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool card, I bet he loves it!
    Glad you could join the Loves Rubberstamps challenge, please join our sunday bloghop too,
    HUgs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic card. I think your brother will love this! Thank you for sharing at Sweet Pea Stampers. We wish you good luck and we hope to see you again. Sylvia, DT-member

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card. Love the image and the word cloud you have created. I bet your brother loved it. Thanks for playing along at Loves Rubberstamps.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  7. this card is such fun! thank you for entering our "ise a digital background" challenge at the cheerful stamp pad! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great card. I am sure he will love it. Thank you for joining the challenge at Sweet Pea Stampers

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool card! Thank for joining our challenge at Creative Card Crew
    Big Hug
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice card
    thank you for your participation in "Sport" challenge on Craft 4 Eternity

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your lovely creation for Cheerful Stamp Pad challenge 90 'use a digital background', Hazel, DT - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bet your brother was thrilled to bits with his amazing card. Fab colouring and layout, thank you so much for sharing it with us over at Jellypark Friends. Mel :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, he will just love it!
    Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fabulous! So much work has gone into it. Thanks for joining us at c4e. keeley

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing design and dazzling embellishments, simply an awesome card.  Digistamps4Joy.Berni (DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolute lovely Masculine card Thank you for joining us at DigiStamps4Joy. Good luck on the draw. Hope to see you come back. Hugs, Antoinette {DT}

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the Word Cloud background. Thanks for sharing at The Cheerful Stamp Pad.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is my first time visit here. From the tons of comments on your articles,I guess I am not only one having all the enjoyment right here! คาสิโน

    ReplyDelete

 

The Occasional Crafter Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template